viernes, 20 de marzo de 2009

Billie Holiday canta "Autumn in New York"

.

AUTUMN IN NEW YORK

(Vernon Duke)

.
It’s time to end my holiday and bid the country a hasty farewell.
So on this gray and melancholy day, I’ll move to a Manhattan hotel.
I’ll dispose of my rose-colored chattels and prepare for my share of adventures and battles,
Here on the twenty-seventh floor looking down on the city I hate and adore!

Autumn in New York, why does it seem so inviting?
Autumn in New York, it spells the thrill of first-nighting.
Glittering crowds and shimmering clouds in canyons of steel;

They’re making me feel I’m home.
It’s autumn in New York that brings the promise of new love.

Autumn in New York is often mingled with pain.

Dreamers with empty hands may sigh for exotic lands;
It’s Autumn in New York;
It’s good to live again.

.

BillieHoliday0000195035-51028L

.

Billie Holiday canta Autumn in New York

.

Vendría bien el diminutivo más pequeño, más corto,

para expresar el salto que la voz da,

atrás, en el fondo de la bóveda,

escabulléndose bajo la gran campana roja que cuelga del centro

como una lámpara de araña recogida en sí misma,

pensativa y concentrada en esa inflexión

con que transmuta la ciudad en una invitación eterna,

y paraliza lo bueno de vivir otra vez

en el éxtasis de la primera noche de todas las noches.

.

© 2009 David Lago González

1 comentario:

Unknown dijo...

Que señora...Que señor, me encanta que la recuerdes ella marco mi vida y mis sueños , es mi angel de cabecera, un saludito poeta.